Rovi Corporation is a global leader in digital entertainment technology solutions, powering the creation, distribution, discovery, and enjoyment of entertainment at home or on the go.
We are revolutionizing the entertainment landscape with an extensive platform of products and services for consumer electronics manufacturers, service providers, studios, retailers and portals, advertisers, mobile carriers, and STB manufacturers.
These customers use our offerings - guidance technology, entertainment data, video production tools, video delivery platforms, content protection, content networking and advertising technologies, and media playback solutions - to bring consumers unique and exciting entertainment experiences anywhere.
Rovi Powers Digital Media:
- 130M+ viewers use our guide technology through service provider offerings
- Rovi Entertainment Store powers entertainment services on 28M+ enabled storefronts
- Rovi professional production tools help create and deliver millions of titles on the web, DVD, and Blu-ray Disc
- ~219M consumer electronic (CE) devices have our CE-guide technologies
- Rovi data inspires entertainment discovery with information on:
- 3.6M+ TV programs since 1954
- 2.9M album releases and 28M tracks
- 500K+ movie titles
- DivX video technologies fuel high quality video playback on 500M+ devices
- Rovi Advertising Network reaches 40M+ households globally
Rovi Fast Facts
- Headquarters: Santa Clara, California
- Major locations: San Francisco; Burbank; San Diego; Tulsa; Radnor; Ann Arbor; New York; Bedford; London; Maidenhead; Luxembourg; Tokyo; Hong Kong; Shanghai; Korea; Hsinchu; Russia; Aachen, Germany
- Employees worldwide: 1800+
- Global issued and pending patents: 5,300