Rovi ETV/EBIF Solution and Applications
Deliver targeted, Internet-based content to consumers on TV, through your TV guide
Rovi ETV/EBIF™ Solution and Applications can help service providers bring Internet-based content to consumers on TV, through the TV guide. Powered by FourthWall Media™, Rovi ETV/EBIF™ Solution leverages the EBIF standard, enabling you to connect Internet content to TV set-top boxes and then tightly integrate the Internet content with the TV guide. Bundled applications, including News, Finance, Weather, Sports, eBay® on TV, and Yellow Pages® on TV, make it easy for you to get started.
In addition, Rovi ETV/EBIF Solution can accommodate third party applications - and, it supports the industry advertising initiative, code-named “Canoe,” to drive incremental revenue through advertising features.
With Rovi ETV/EBIF Solution and Applications, you can:
- Maximize your investments by leveraging existing TV guide infrastructure
- Integrate industry-standard ETV/EBIF technology, the CableLabs® specification for interactive services
- Satisfy consumers by bringing them the level of personalization they demand
- Drive incremental revenue through advanced advertising functionality
Give consumers the Internet content they want where they want it - from the comfort of their living rooms. With Rovi, you can offer Internet-based content and applications as part of your digital cable TV packages.
Rovi ETV/EBIF Solution Application Launcher
With Rovi ETV/EBIF Solution and Applications, consumers can access Internet-based content - personalized for their geography and individual preferences - seamlessly alongside TV listings.
Research shows* that interactive, web-based content and services through the TV are in demand. In 2010, FourthWall Media announced the results of an online poll conducted by Penn Schoen & Berland (PSB) in April 2010. Key findings among TV watchers ages 13-65 years old include:
- 81% of respondents indicate they want their TVs to do more
- Nearly 90% of TV watchers expressed interest in using interactive television applications on their home televisions
- Two-thirds of TV watchers agree they would change the way they watch TV programming if they had access to interactive television applications
- 73% say they would be interested in an application that allows them to request additional information about a company or product after watching a commercial
- 61% of TV viewers would prefer to submit votes for reality shows by using their standard remote control
* Source: Penn Schoen Berland, April 2010, FourthWall Media Interactive TV Application Poll Results
Rovi ETV/EBIF Solution and Applications Factsheet
Find out how you can deliver targeted, web-based content to consumers through your guide
Join Rovi at one of these industry events.