- Be careful to enter your current Zip Code and to select the exact signal service you subscribe to. This is how the Guide feeds you precise listings for your TV.
- If the TV Guide On Screen system system is built into a recorder, please leave the recorder off for 24 hours after you have completed setup to ensure prompt receipt of initial listings.
- The TV Guide On Screen system listings updates piggyback on network broadcasts. In order to receive these updates, the guide needs time with the TV equipment turned off so it can automatically tune to the host channel. The Updates are broadcast several times per day to accommodate a variety of viewing schedules.
- Cable box ON. If you have a cable box, leave the cable box ON all the time so the guide can tune to the host channel as needed to receive the listings updates.
- TV equipment OFF . Make it a habit to turn your TV and recorders OFF, when they are not in use for sustained periods, so the guide can use the tuner to get updates.
- You must redo the guide's Initial Setup if you:
- Move your TV/recorder to a new Zip or Postal Code
- Cancel your cable service or change cable boxes
- Add or change a device that will be controlled by the guide
- Press the GUIDE key anytime you are watching TV to see what's on. You will even be able to keep track of the show you are watching with the handy picture-in-picture Video Window.
- You can lock the Video Window so the last channel stays displayed while you surf the listings, or unlock it so it previews each channel you scroll over.
- The show listings are color coded so you can quickly pick out movies, sports, children's shows and more.
- Notice the HD icon on the show tiles. It indicates at a glance which shows are broadcast in high-definition.
- The Info Box gives you a variety of info at a glance.
- In the central part of the box you get a description of the show
- Top left corner you see the channel number and call letters of the station
- Towards the top right there is a progress bar that graphically shows where you are in the show
- Keep pressing the info key to cycle through three sizes of info boxes. The larger boxes display more info, the smaller one allows you see more listings at once.
- To jump ahead in the listings, type the number of hours and then select the hours ahead button on the shortcuts menu that will open automatically.
- Press the Menu key to bring up the Episode Options menu. From here you can tune to the show, set a recording, set a reminder, or jump to the service bar.
- You will also open the Episode Options menu if you press OK when a show in a future time slot is highlighted.
- Another easy way to set basic recordings is to highlight your show and press the Record Key on the remote. Press once for a single recording, twice for regularly or three times to record it weekly.
- You can set a reminder the same way you schedule a recording. Reminders can automatically tune to your favorite show and even power on the TV when your show starts.
- Select Search on the Service Bar to look for specific shows or types of shows. Search by categories such as movies, sports, news, series, high-definition shows, kids shows and more
- Looking for a specific title? It's easy with the Keyword search feature.
- The Channel Editor feature lets you arrange channels in the order you prefer. Put your favorites on top and turn off channels you don't want to see.
- Don't worry about paying subscription fees, the TV Guide On Screen system is subscription FREE!