Rovi Corporation is a global leader in digital entertainment technology solutions, powering the creation, distribution, discovery and enjoyment of entertainment at home or on the go.
We are revolutionising the entertainment landscape with an extensive platform of products and services for consumer electronics manufacturers, service providers, studios, retailers and portals, advertisers, mobile carriers and STB manufacturers.
These customers use our offerings - guidance technology, entertainment data, video production tools, video delivery platforms, content protection, content networking and advertising technologies, and media playback solutions - to bring consumers unique and exciting entertainment experiences anywhere.
Rovi Powers Digital Media:
- 130M+ viewers use our guide technology through service provider offerings
- Rovi Entertainment Store powers entertainment services on 28M+ enabled storefronts
- Rovi professional production tools help you create and deliver millions of titles on the web, DVD and Blu-ray Disc
- ~219M consumer electronic (CE) devices incorporate our CE-guide technologies
- Rovi data inspires entertainment discovery with information on:
- 3.6M+ TV programmes since 1954
- 2.9M album releases and 28M tracks
- 500K+ movie titles
- DivX video technologies fuel high-quality video playback on 500M+ devices
- The Rovi Advertising Network reaches 40M+ households worldwide
Rovi Fast Facts
- Headquarters: Santa Clara, California
- Major locations: San Francisco; Burbank; San Diego; Tulsa; Radnor; Ann Arbor; New York; Bedford; London; Maidenhead; Luxembourg; Tokyo; Hong Kong; Shanghai; Korea; Hsinchu; Russia; Aachen, Germany
- Employees worldwide: 1,800+
- Worldwide issued and pending patents: 5,300