Rovi's LASSO™ Networked Edition is designed for devices and PC applications directly connected to the Internet. Using LASSO Networked Edition, you can:
- Support digital media recognition of commercial audio CDs and DVDs through TOC-based look-ups
- Provide digital media recognition of individual audio tracks through innovative acoustic fingerprint recognition technology
LASSO™ Local Edition is designed to integrate with consumer electronic devices that are not continuously connected to the Internet. Using LASSO Local Edition, you can:
- Deliver customisable metadata, descriptive data and original editorial content through a custom-built, local database contained in a single file
- Provide database update functionality to ensure coverage of the latest media releases
- Support digital media recognition of commercial audio CDs, DVDs and Blu-ray Discs through TOC-based look-ups
Operating System Support: Windows® 98(SE), 2000, XP, ME, Vista®, .NET, NT and higher, x86 and ARM Linux® and others upon request.
Supported Formats: Format-agnostic; supports 2-channel (stereo), 16-bit, 44.1 KHz raw Pulse Code Modulation (PCM) audio format.
Data Communication: Binary and HTTP formats. Data can be returned from the LASSO servers in XML, binary and HTTP format.
Network Bandwidth Required: Minimum of 56 Kbps.
Network Configuration: Standard HTTP port 80.
Operating System Support: Windows® CE and Automotive, x86 and ARM Linux®, QNX and others upon client request.
Full local database size: 1GB (Customizable to customer needs).
LASSO Local Edition's database has the following features:
- Fully ACID-compliant.
- Small footprint.
- Contained in a single file.
- Written in ANSI C and easily portable to most platforms.
- Full journaling support to prevent corruption due to system or power failures during write operations.
- Data fields and size can be customized according to need.
- Unicode support via UTF8 character set encodings.
- Robust encryption of the local database using a Rolling Key mechanism.